Herbaluna was created as an outlet for me to share my passion for growing, studying, using, and teaching about medicinal herbs. There’s really nowhere in the world I would rather be than hiking in the woods around my home, visiting old plant friends and meeting new ones. Our small family farm sits on the northern brow of Sand Mountain in northeastern Alabama, overlooking the beautiful Tennessee River.
I have over 20 years of experience working hands-on with herbs and herbal medicine including formal training through the Master Herbalist program with the American College of Healthcare Sciences, Intuitive Plant Medicine course with Asia Suler, Susun Weed’s correspondence courses (ABC of Herbalism, Spirit and Practice of the Wise Woman Tradition, Green Allies), Shamana Flora-The Everyday Sacred with Darcey Blue, Traditional Ways of Understanding (local intensive) with Matt Wood, and I am currently attending the Community Herbalist Program with Phyllis Light at the Appalachian Center for Natural Health with plans to complete the 3rd year practitioner program and apply for professional registration with the American Herblists Guild. I also have over a decade of experience from local and regional herbal conferences as a vendor and attendee.
I prefer simple herbal healing with readily accessible remedies whenever possible and believe in honoring the natural cycles of the body and nourishing individual wholeness.
I graduated from the Alabama Master Gardener program in 2008 and maintain a small greenhouse and rather large garden for herbs and vegetables at my home. My husband/partner/best friend Jay has a lifetime of experience on the family farm. We have three daughters plus one dog, four cats, a whole bunch of chickens that won’t stay out of the garden (including a rooster who thinks he lives on the porch), a rescue cow named Sweetie, and a sorrel horse named Copper. We homeschool and love to travel, hike, swim, and camp. Never a dull moment!
- We are 100% family owned & operated.
- Our handcrafted products and ingredients are human tested only! You will find us listed on Peta’s List of Companies That Do Not Test On Animals.
- We are proud signers of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics and a member of the CCIC’s Leaping Bunny Program.
- Our website actually works to save the environment. We are hosted 300% green, replacing three times the amount of energy used by servers with wind power.
- We are dedicated ethical wildcrafters.
- Our organic and naturally grown herbs are carefully planted, handled and/or harvested during appropriate lunar phases.
- We use companion planting, crop rotation, natural pest control and manual weed removal and use natural and organic mulch and fertilizers.
- If we can’t grow or wildcraft it here, we only purchase certified organic dried plant material and natural ingredients from companies we trust.
- Every product is hand crafted by a professionally trained herbalist.
- We are proud supporters of small farms and our own local farmer’s markets.
- We recycle packaging and office supplies. Don’t be surprised if your package doesn’t win any beauty contests.
Thanks for visiting, and I hope you’ll return soon. -Leanne H.